Thursday, April 28, 2011

back at it... finally!

I've had a bit of an absence from getting miles in... mostly due to just feeling like crap for about 3 weeks- I tried to do 2.5 miles on Sunday, but after just one mile my lungs hurt, and I actually felt like I might vomit. I have never gotten sick like that running so I decided to walk to rest of it. I did get my 2.5 in on Sunday, just mostly walking instead of running. What ever it is that I picked up during spring break has hung around and over stayed its welcome! I am ready for it to vacate my body- so today I drug kindly invited one of my co-workers to run with me (the whole accountability thing works for me, I knew I would do it if I invited her). We got 2.5 miles in. Not too shabby for my second run of the month!!! May will be better. I'm doing a 5k on Sunday. Everyone say a prayer that my lungs don't soontaneously combust and I think I might survive it... wish me luck! If I make it I'll have about 8 miles in for this week.

here is happy me after my run today~

**oy! what a mess in my office!

PS- Ms. M when you feel better don't forget to add in my miles to the ticker! :) thx

3 comments:

  1. Glad you're finally getting out there a little bit. I'm sure you'll do great in the 5K. I have some miles to add too... better get my tush to updating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great! I love the post-exercise pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lapband gal is my inspiration! She is awesome :)

    ReplyDelete