Sunday, March 13, 2011

miles, miles, miles... it is all I think about!!

Oh, my not sure that I knew what I was getting into when I agreed to this! I am so happy I joined in with my pal Ms. M though, because it really helps keep me motivated to move when I know someone is depending on me...

2 big things this week to report on- I've been doing well getting miles in (thanks Ms. M for updating the ticker) due to sticking with going to the gym and eventhough I hate the treadmill it does help me track miles.

First off, I went to my first spin class!!! oy it kicked my bootay! Well really it made my legs so sore.... but I loved it! I have a friend that has been going so it made my first time so much better having someone who was willing to walk me through it step by step... she is awesome and I love working with her, so a Saturday morning at the gym is bonus time, we got to talk a little and have fun so the hour went by quickly... I only did about 11.7 miles, which is a few less than the class veterans... but hey- gotta start somewhere right?

Secondly, I have been planning on doing the St. Paddy's Dash (5k) since January, and really since I did it last year. Luckily I work with some awesome people (who also motivate me to get out and move my booty) who decided to join me this year. Typical of Washington, we had some liquid sunshine to deal with this morning (my feet are still cold from being wet the whole time) but I wore a really funny costume (people were asking me to stop on the course so they could have a picture with  me) and just had fun! I still think we finished with a decent time (maybe around 40 minutes) despite the fact running in my costume was like running encosed in a giant plastic bag! I got so hot (you can see my super red face in the pictures)... maybe I sweated off a couple extra pounds though (wishful thinking, not reality I'm sure).

During the dash... people loved my costume and wanted pictures! It was a lot of fun :)
Good times with work friends! St. Paddys Dash, 5k. 2011

Awesome :) Let's keep gettin' those miles in!

5 comments:

  1. OMG... You are even cuter than I remember. You are rockin' this challenge big time. I miss you roomie! Are we all going to be back together in Chicago? Me, You, Amey, and Jules?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this costume. It is so cool. See you in Chicago...keep clocking those miles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the best costume ever. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete