Saturday, March 19, 2011

what a difference a week makes...

Not in a good way though...

So I know after my great week of miles last week you must have been thinking, geez Jen, what are you worried about in that other post about "doing my part"... well this week, I have completed exactly ZERO miles! eeeek! So yeah, I'm still working on keeping myself accountable for averaging about 5 miles per day. I know that next week will be better.

In other news Ms. M and I are going to be doing the Big Climb tomorrow in Seattle- I need to raise just $50 in donations, soooo you know the drill- I'm going to beg, plead, make big sad eyes ask if you will consider making a small donation. Here is the link to my fundraising page: Jen's doing the Big Climb! Go Donate a couple bucks- you know you want to, and if you aren't sure here is some more info. Ms. M and I are raising money for research that will improve treatment and hopefully find a cure for Leukemia, Lymphoma, Hodgkins disease and Myeloma (that is the disease our dear BOOB sister Barb's husband Mark had). Here is the offical info....
The Big Climb is a stairclimb up the Columbia Center - the tallest skyscraper in downtown Seattle.  There are 69 flights of stairs, 1311 steps, and 788ft of vertical elevation.  Although it will be challenging, it pales in comparison to what blood cancer patients go through.  All proceeds benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is the world's largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research, education and patient services. The mission of LLS is to cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families. Since its founding in 1949, LLS has invested more than $600 million for research specifically targeting blood cancers.



The scale has been cooperating even with my lack of exercise- I'm back on track with exercise though, I am thinking of going for a bike ride today, I'm gearing up to start my triathlon training, I'm doing the Danskin Women's Triathlon in Seattle this August. I know that if I don't have something to work towards that I just don't exercise. I now know that 5k's, half marathons, and depending on how things go in August, triathlons will always have to be a part of my exercise plan.

So, slowly but surely at this point we are still trodding our way to Chicago-land! See you in September :)

No comments:

Post a Comment